Monday, April 27, 2015

Melon Ball Punch

In my last post I shared the coffee filter bow I made for a co-worker's baby shower gift. Another exciting thing that came from the baby shower was the discovery of this amazing Melon Ball Punch, which I was assigned to make.

I can't take any credit for the recipe because it came directly from Divas Can Cook. So you should just click on that link right there to check out the full recipe and a nice little how-to video. 

The purpose of my post is just to share the pretty pictures of my successful experience making this fabulous punch. Not only is it delicious, it's also beautiful. A total crowd-pleaser in looks and taste!






I was a little intimidated at first, but it appears more difficult than it really is. The only time-consuming part is making the melon balls. Especially in my case, because I tripled the recipe. If you want to save prep time the day of your party, just do the melon balls the night before and freeze them overnight like I did.




All you have to do before your party is mix together the liquids (sparkling white grape juice, Sprite, and lemonade). Then add the colorful, frozen melon balls plus some sliced limes and fresh mint leaves. Just give it at least 30 minutes to allow all the flavors to blend.

Speaking of flavor, the original recipe says that you absolutely can't skip out on the fruit and mint because they add so much yummy goodness. So I took their word for it. Although I don't know why you'd ever want to leave them out; they make it so pretty to look at!

I'd also like to point out that my melon balls weren't all perfectly round but it didn't even matter once everything was all mixed together. I promise no one will notice! They'll be too busy complimenting you and refilling their cups. I also enhanced the whole presentation by setting a bowl of extra frozen melon balls next to the pitcher, so guests can add their own.






Finally, it's worth mentioning that a beautiful punch like this deserves to be shown off in a nice beverage dispenser!  Here's one similar to what I used:


Thank you Divas Can Cook for this wonderful punch recipe! I'm totally going to come up with an excuse to make it again someday. If you're looking for something different than the "typical" punch, I'd highly recommend this for your next summer party! (And because I know you're wondering, yes, it would be delicious with vodka.)






NOTE: Little House on the Corner is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails