Friday, May 25, 2012

Up Cloche and Personal

Before I begin, I should let you know that I recently got back from a 2-week vacation to Europe. Since we returned home, I'm still adjusting back to "real" life... you know, being domesticated and cooking meals and working 8-5 (ugh). This also means easing slowly back into house projects. Hence my absence around here lately, and hence this post's somewhat-boring subject matter. 

Moving on. A cloche bell jar has been on my wish list for quite some time now. This week, I finally bought one at Hobby Lobby for $20 (50% off). I'm not sure if this is a great deal, but I didn't have the energy to search for cheaper options elsewhere. 

Now, a tough decision. What to put in it?? I made another stop at Joann's to see what I could find. Lo and behold, I stumbled upon some "textured spheres" on clearance for $3.97 a box (marked down from $14.99). I got two boxes, which ended up being just enough to fill up my cloche.




It just so happens that these textured spheres coordinate nicely with the jute vases I made a couple of months ago, which also currently reside on our piano. (Yes, it's a bit of a sparse display overall, but I'm working on it.) It actually took a few minutes to get the spheres positioned right, but here's the final result.


I'm diggin' it! 


Lame as it may sound, I'm excited for all the display potential of my new cloche! For example, here are a few inspirations...







What kinds of things would you display?

3 comments:

Lets just build a house! said...

I love cloches too I think I have a few small ones packed away in my basement somewhere. This makes me want to dig them out.

Amanda @ Serenity Now said...

Love your new cloche! Very nice display. :) I like the idea of using it for Christmas ornaments too!

Oona Johnson said...

I love the idea of cloches, but I am not creative enough to figure out what to put in them... the textural spheres you picked are great.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails