Monday, May 16, 2011

It was bound to happen eventually...

You’ll probably start seeing another face around these parts, so I thought it was time to make a formal introduction. Meet Roxy, the newest member of our family:




We have been contemplating getting another dog for awhile and finally bit the bullet. Roxy is a 10-month-old boxer that we adopted from the humane society on May 1. (We're not sure if she's pure boxer or has anything else in her... They had her labeled as a boxer "mix" but they label every dog as a mix!) Roxy has managed to adjust pretty well here in her new home over the past couple weeks, and she’s a total sweetheart, all 40 pounds of her. She likes to come up and rest her head on our laps and gaze up at us with her big brown eyes.

So how are Roxy and Dudley getting along, you ask? Well, it did take him a few days to adjust to having another dog around. She’s more mild-tempered, and he can be overbearing and obnoxious at times. We’re trying to make sure he still gets plenty of attention to keep feelings of jealousy at a minimum. They have similar playing styles and like to rough-and-tumble a lot. At the end of the day, when they end up looking like this...


Or this...

Or this... 

Or this...

...it makes us feel like we made a good decision.

And I didn’t waste any time finding a use for this photo frame (found on clearance at Target for $6) that had previously been lying on the floor in our office for months:


Three photos for our three pets! Guess that means we can't get any more now.  :)

13 comments:

R said...

So cute, you did a nice thing.

Cindy @The Flipping Couple said...

Congrats on the new family member!! By those photos I'd definitely say they're doing just fine. Ours still don't cuddle like that and we've had Beemer for over 6 months now. So sweet. And I'm so glad you found a rescue dog! I love seeing those sweet pups find forever homes.

Comeca Jones said...

How sweet they are together!

emily said...

oh, i love puppysnuggles! they're absolutely adorable together. being a two-dog house is way less stressful than i thought it was going to be!

micah said...

YAY! They are going to be BFF's!

Anonymous said...

What a cutie!

Lucky Girl said...

She is so beautiful! Love the cuddles :)

Danielle and Clint said...

AWWWW! She is so sweet!! Congrats on your new addition!

Life in Rehab said...

Kuddos to you on the rescue! I think even Dudley agrees with the decision.

Oona Johnson said...

I would say she is pure Boxer. She is beautiful! I contemplated getting Gidget a Boxer brother when I thought Dozer was staying with his daddy. They are great dogs with amazing personalities and her lovely brindle coat is gorgeous! I think every dog needs a sibling - I don't fell that way about kids though! lol

Kate said...

I know I'm super late, but CONGRATS!! She's so pretty and the two of them are ADORABLE together :)

Erin said...

Yeah for boxer puppies! We have two - and I must say, Miss Roxy has beautiful coloring. She seems mild mannered so I'm sure she will be a great addition to the family! Congrats!

xl pharmacy said...

What a sweet puppies! My cousin have an American Stanford he's so nice and loyal. I love it!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails