Sunday, December 12, 2010

Easy $15 Christmas Wreath

Well, it's time to join another Dare to DIY Party at Newly Woodwards! This week, it's Dare to Deck the Halls. With my $10 36" wreath, gold ornaments, and ribbon (all purchased after Christmas last year during an exciting trip to Michael's), I got to work fashioning a wreath to hang outside our house.


The first step was attaching the ornaments to the wreath. Floral wire would have been ideal for this, but I didn't have that on hand, so I just used kitchen twisty ties to secure the ornaments onto the wire frame on the back of the wreath.


Then, I wrapped the ribbon loosely around the wreath and tucked it into the "branches" here and there. It was a little tricky to get the spacing right until I was happy with it. I also secured the ribbon onto the wire frame on the backside to keep it in place.


Simple, gold, and pretty! I haven't decided whether to hang it above our garage or back porch though, so you'll have to wait and see where it ends up.

And while we're DIY-ing, here's another quick and easy project. I had some clear ornaments (again, on sale from Michael's) which have been waiting since last year to be properly attired for our tree.

I just stuffed them with some various fillers like ribbon, tinsel, fake snow (with the aid of a funnel), and bead vase filler. This would probably be a fun little project for kids, too.





So those are my super-simple DIY decor projects. I'll be sharing the rest of our decorations later this week. Is it just me, or is it hard to believe Christmas is less than two weeks away?! Are your halls all decked out yet? If not, be sure to check out Kim's party for some creative inspiration!
Dare to DIY

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the wreath and the filled ornaments! And no, I really cannot believe Christmas is so close--and then the end of 2010! Honestly I try not to think about it too much and focus on the fun things--like DIY decor and holiday baking. :)

Kim @ NewlyWoodwards said...

Great projects! I'm loving all the projects with the clear balls. You can do so much with them. I love the idea of using faux snow.

Thanks for linking to Dare to DIY. I appreciate it.

Catalina said...

Oh wow. that;s so cute! I lvoe the ornaments.

Lucky Girl said...

Your wreath looks great - did you hand it on an outside door or did you hang it inside? I've got an indoor one that I need to hang somewhere, but haven't decided where yet... As you can tell, I'm a little late in the decorating department :)

Kate at Dream To Life said...

I love the ornaments you made! So beautiful, yet simple! can't wait to try to make them!

cheers!
Kate

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails