Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Bathroom color - Selected!

Let's take a break from Christmas decorating for just a moment. If you've been following along, I've had a bathroom makeover on my mind for quite some time. So for the past several weeks, the sink looked like this.



After much agonizing, sampling, and return trips to Home Depot, I finally decided on The Paint Color. My original plan to brighten up the space was to just pick a lighter color that still coordinates with the shower curtain. But this mainly involved a variety of tan and khaki hues that―although appearing to have potential on the paint swatches―would surely lead to beige-induced boredom once on the walls of this dimly lit bathroom.


My search for something a little more airy and invigorating led me to an area of the color wheel that I’ve been too intimidated to explore… until now. (Which also means I’ll have to get a new shower curtain, rugs, etc… oh darn!)
I’ll give you a hint… this Behr hue is named after a deliciously refreshing alcoholic beverage often associated with summertime. Any guesses?

Painting is underway, so stay tuned for the upcoming bathroom reveal, as well as my review of 3M ScotchBlue Painter’s Tape with Edge-Lock Paint Line Protector!

5 comments:

The Brick Cottage said...

Margarita?!! Sounds exciting whatever it is! Happy shopping for the accessories!

Caroline @ The Feminist Housewife said...

Mimosa?

I don't know...I'm biased. That IS my favorite drink. haha! Can't wait to see what you picked!

Sara @ Russet Street Reno said...

Yeah for margaritas!!!

Kim @ NewlyWoodwards said...

Corona?

Can't wait to see it.

micah said...

I was hoping your "after" pictures would be up by now... the suspense is killing me!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails